Sunday, July 19, 2009

Library of Congress and Primary Sources

Hi everyone!
I hope you have had a good July! I found a website I really got excited about.
It's the Library of Congress site. I was amazed at the wealth of materials available, in so many subjects. The basic site is loc.gov. You will find Teaching with Primary Sources, Classroom materials, full lessons. Some are for elementary classes, and some for upper grades, There are great thematic units and lessons on the depression, Lincoln, women's suffrage, poetry, and literature. You can also check at memory.loc.gov/lear/lessons/theme.html. I found a great unit on the American Song. There is also a page I saved on Using Primary Sources, if I can figure out how to attach it.
See you this coming weekend.
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment